The following is a list of articles we’ve found that feature the APRS/SMS Gateway. Know of another? Please share with us in the comments section.
- APRS Text Messages :: Protect Your Privacy (9/29/2020) - Let's take a look at how to use the SMSGTE service to protect the phone numbers of those you send text message to from your APRS radio.
- Bug with SSID Aliases (8/20/2019) - In the process of configuring and testing a fill-in digipeater with the local iGate, I discovered a bug with the SSID Alias feature in SMSGTE […]
- APRS Text Messaging via SMSGTE (6/12/2019) - Recently I was up in the Northern part of Wisconsin on Madeline Island in the Chequamegon bay volunteering with the Madeline Island Marathon. Madeline is part of the Apostle Islands on the southern shores of Lake Superior...
- SMS Text and Email via APRS (11/28/2017) - I have run APRS for awhile and have used it for tracking and sending messages to other APRS users and sending packets through the International Space Station, and while I have known that APRS was capable of sending SMS text and emails I had not looked into it until recently.
- SMS Text and Email via APRS using APRSdroid (11/9/2017) - I have run APRS for awhile and have used it for tracking and sending messages to other APRS users and sending packets through the International Space Station, and while I have known that APRS was capable of sending SMS text and emails I had not looked into it until recently.
- APRS and SMS Converge (7/15/2015) - The Canadian Amateur, July/August 2015 Issue - Page 42 - Shortly after obtaining my Amateur Radio licence, I became very interested in the Automatic Packet Reporting System (APRS) and its applications for emergency communications. I quickly discovered that I could send and receive APRS messages from areas that were well out of cellular range and I had the idea that it would be very useful if the APRS network could exchange messages with the cellular Short Message Service (SMS).
- How to send SMS via APRS (4/26/2015) - How can someone send from one technology to another? In the case of APRS we use gateways. Gateways are hardware components setup by 3rd parties to act like a bridge between differing communication methods, in this case APRS and SMS. By sending a message to one of these gateways it will be retranslated to the other "side" and sent.
Spread the love